Our team of qualified respiratory therapists offers a range of services for both our inpatient and outpatient community needs. We specialize in the evaluation and treatment of pulmonary diseases that include, but are not limited to, asthma, COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), such as emphysema and chronic bronchitis.
SVH Respiratory works with your primary care provider in all aspects of airway management, including non-invasive and mechanical ventilation, nebulizers, oxygen delivery, and all modes of airway hygiene for your inpatient stay.
Our outpatient services include:
- 24 and 48 hour Holter Monitors and Scanning - test to diagnose cardiac arrhythmias
- Pulmonary Function Studies - test to diagnose lung function
- Stress Tests - cardiac tests to diagnose abnormalities
- Exercise Stress Test - use of treadmill for testing (medication available for patients who are unable to walk for any length of time)
- Nuclear Stress Test - treadmill used in conjunction with nuclear scanning
- Echocardiogram Stress Test - treadmill used in conjunction with ultrasound
- Ankle-Brachial Index (ABI) test - a painless exam used to diagnose peripheral arterial disease that can lead to heart attack and stroke.
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation - an education program emphasizing breathing retraining with physical reconditioning, pacing, and how to manage your daily activities without becoming exhausted. Ask your primary care provider for a referral and we will do the rest.
- Smoking Cessation Counseling - offered to both our inpatients and outpatients
For more information about any of our services, please call 487.4082; to make an appointment, call 487.4040.