Consider Quality Care Close to Home
Being close to home can make recovery easier for you and your loved ones.
The Swing Bed Program at Sebasticook Valley Health provides continuous supervised nursing care with convenient access to many onsite rehabilitation services.
Services Offered to Swing Bed Patients
- Physical therapy restores strength, builds endurance, relieves pain, and improves function so you can live safely and as independently as possible.
- Occupational therapy focuses on restoring independence of daily living activities and improving quality of life.
- Speech therapy helps with speech and communication, or feeding and swallowing.
- Activities – personalized individual or group activities that enhance function and well-being.
- Respiratory Therapy helps with breathing problems (asthma, emphysema, etc.) by teaching techniques and exercises, as well as use of medication.
- Nutrition Therapy helps you manage nutrition to help you reach your health goals.
- Comfort care supports terminally ill patients and their families.
- Nursing provides daily ongoing assessment and treatment such as IV therapy and wound care.
- Social work provides assistance with discharge planning and offers supportive counseling to help meet other identified needs.
For more information about the SVH Swing Bed Program, please call 487.4000.